If you are just joining in, we are talking all about pigmentation and last week we focused on the 4 common types of hyperpigmentation. This week we are turning our attention towards some powerhouse ingredients to combat pigmentation.
Not all brightening actives are created equally and to insure maximum results, Juliette Armand combined powerful active ingredients in each product to gently but effectively reduce hyperpigmentation. Insuring the safety of our products, you will never find questionable actives in our Glow range, such as Kojic Acid or Hydroquinone.
Here are a few of our key ingredients found in the different products in the Glow Range.
L-Ascorbic Acid 12%
Also known as Vitamin C, used in a 12% concentration in a powder form and derived from citrus fruits. Used as a necessary ingredient for tissue development and repair as well as being a very popular ingredient in skincare
- Aids in wound healing
- Powerful antioxidant
- Aids in the reduction of pigmentation
One thing to be aware of is Vitamin C is not very stable and once it is exposed to oxygen and light it starts to lose its effectiveness. JA uses a powder form that is only activated once mixed with its corresponding liquid. All your vitamin C based products are recommended to be stored in an area that does not get too much sun.
Peonia Flower Extract 1% - Derived from BioFermentation
Paeonia flower extract only from the flower part, delivers whitening and anti-aging effect.
- Inhibits Melanin production
- Inhibits Tyrosinase gene expression
- Anti-oxidative effect
- Non-irritant natural extract
An anti-pollution cosmetic ingredient with the complementary actions of a polymer that binds toxic metals and a strong antioxidant.
- Captures a great proportion of several metals from air pollution. It works by blocking the entrance of iron and copper in the formation of melanin. Acting as a melanin formation blocker
- It maintains the viability of epidermal cells exposed to urban dust. This antioxidant action is important to the skin because oxidation stress is an important factor in the reduction of the inflammatory process, the precursor to inflammatory hyperpigmentation
Skin Lightening ingredient, clinically proven four-times more effective than Hydroquinone
- Skin lightener /more even skin tone: Excellent for normal & hyper-pigmented skin
- Cell protection
- DNA protection
- Extracellular Matrix Rejuvenator: Collagen & Elastin stimulator
- Clinically Proven: Significant improvement in tactile roughness, radiance, mottled pigmentation, crow’s feet fine lines, and overall photo-damage
Gallic acid found in gallnuts, sumac, witch hazel, tea leaves, oak bark, and other plants. A Biotechnologically derived active ingredient that contains the patented THBG (Tri Hydroxy Benzoic acid alpha-Glucosides). When applied on the skin, the skin microbiote partially converts THBG into THBA (Tri Hydroxy Benzoic Acid - a natural inhibitor of tyrosinase), which acts in synergy with THBG to control the skin color.
- It inhibits ROS (reactive oxygen species) production
- It prevents UV-induced DNA damages
- It stops the melanogenesis process
- It decreases vasodilation and redness
- It reduces inflammation
- It stops melanin transfer
- It blocks melanin synthesis even under UV conditions
- It reduces the pore size
Before your brains burst with information we will wrap up this week. Come back as we finish out the month with our products from this amazing range.
Sign up for our newsletter to receive updates on news and specials.
Missed last week blog? Click on the below image and see what the common types of hyperpigmentations are: